Photobucket Ingin tahu sejarah Cuklad? Kunjungi juga www.cuklad.com Photobucket Ingin tahu curhat kehangatan saya? coba di sini: www.rashady-alinurkan.blogspot.com Photobucket Ingin tahu curhat rahasia saya? ada di sini nih: www.retcom.blogspot.comPhotobucket Tampil segera koleksi natal dari cuklad.com

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Great shows

Just watch one of my show which I hosted. It was not really a professional performance but it sure was a great time for me. All the audience was very kind and understood my lack of skill on the stage. They knew that hosting a show was not my specialty. Yet, they showed their appreciation tremendously. They stayed on their seats till the curtain down.
Made me feel great and boosted my self-confidence and encourage me to do it again and again. By the end of the year, I was not as awkward as I was on that night anymore. I felt more comfort on the stage and can produce more jokes conveniently, introducing numbers by numbers smoothly. With my nervousness reduced, I can speak clearly and grammatically better if not perfect. My lines became more structured and flows nicely. I can communicate much better with the audiences, and with my fellow crew.
See, being on board for so long doesn’t mean you can connect perfectly with your fellow workers. It takes strong will to open yourself and listen to what people said to you so that you can improve yourself and in the end, you achieve better results not only for yourself, but also for the team as a whole.
A great show not only depend on a good host. It involved many people in the team working their best to give best show. However, great numbers are nothing if the host can not introduce them accordingly. If the host can not make the audience comfortable and relax, and ready to see the numbers, the performers will surely looses some of their energy to give all they got.
Most cases showed that, the only thing that stands between a great show and bad show is, the host. Being amateur and exhausted, being appointed without any chance to say no, I walked on the stage with no knowledge of how to host a show at all. Everything was just mere blur for me. Most of lines I said on stage was instant. I walked on the stage with almost no preparation at all. Luckily, after several times, I managed to pushed aside my nervousness and put on display an easy going attitude. That way I can catch things on the stage better and become more spontaneous which sounds so fresh to the audience.
Every morning following the show, I always busy listening to people congratulating and thanking me for the night full of laughter. Some praised me so high I immediately saw it was fake. Some were sincere I felt perfect and promised myself to do better. For some reason none of them criticized me.
In all, those shows I hosted has become great memory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment